Tuesday, July 26, 2011




I just had to try the newest technique in soapmaking...."The Thin Middle Line"!  This is a memorable soap for me due to my son!  He walked into my soap room & starting asking about soapmaking & if I could make a soap with him.  Well my sweet son is only 11 & there is the safety issue with the lye.  So I asked if he would settle for making a fragrance for me.  He thought for a minute, scratched the top of his head & finally agreed! *lol*  Took him a minute to think if that was going to satisfy him!  So I let him go through all my fragrance oils to see what I had.  He choose a bottle of Jasmine & a bottle of white tea...neither I have used just yet.  He held them up & asked how they would smell together.  See, he has this tea fetish that has been going on for several months now....jasmine tea!  He fixes himself a cup every morning now!  I told him I didn't know but I knew a way we could find out.  He ran upstairs and got me some q-tips while I found a bottle.  I let him dip each cotton tip into each bottle & we put them in the bottle.  About an hour later, he comes downstairs & asked if we could now smell inside the bottle.  I opened the lid & the smell was wonderful!  I just beamed at him..."Good choice baby"!  And here is the result of my little boy's scent that he made himself!  Jasmine White Tea!  And I can't tell you how wonderful it truly smells!  I will make him into a soapmaker yet!  Good job Ashton!  Mama loves you ever so much!!

2 comments:

  1. very nice.

    liebe Grüße
    Dörte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!! My son is very proud of this one since its his idea! I'm very proud of my lil' man!! He is a great source of inspiration for me!! :)

    ReplyDelete