Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My Soaping Journey

I started this soaping journey of mine several years ago when I saw an article in a magazine about a soapmaker.  Of course the inquisitive creature that I am, I had to Google her and find out more about this seemingly amazing soap that the magazine was raving about.  They were not kidding!  I bought some of her soaps and I was blown away!  I could smell the goodies before I even opened the box!  And what a wonderful smell it was!  I still to this day still have one of them...I just couldn't use it..smelled too darn good!  Once again I got curious about how this process worked.  I then went on to make 10 batches of soap over the course of a week!  I fell in love!  I love the not knowing how its going to turn out in the end.  Unmolding each batch is like Christmas!  Over the years I tried many different recipes and come up with recipes of my own enjoying each second of it!  During this journey I have made some pretty incredible friends along the way that without taking this first step into the world of soap I would not have ever met.  I am so amazingly thankful for that magazine article that brought to light a whole new world to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment