Monday, July 25, 2011

Sandalwood Dreams!




I can't believe how well this sandalwood soap turned out which one of the reasons I love soapmaking!  You never know what you are going to end up with at the end!  I started this one and it turned out all wrong.  I was going for a tan bottom with a white top and I used a new slab mold I have received recently.  So I thought I would try it out!  I didn't like the results of it so I unmolded it & made curls out of it.  I set the curls on the shelf & stared at them for days trying to figure out what to do with them.  Finally I decided to just make a new batch with my log mold.  After pouring it in, the FO behaved so well I decided to insert the curls into the top & walla!  Here is my creation!  Now I am hooked on making curls & I will never see a batch of "not so pretty" soap the same way again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment